“Hawaiian” Veggie Pizza!
Originally I had planned on making the Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry for dinner tonite, however D convinced me that since it is LOST night we should have something “fun”, so the pizza it was. Unfortunately since I’m a bad veggie-girlfriend, I forgot to pick up mozzarella for D and his half of the pizza is smothered in cheddar cheese (which inevitably was the downfall of his half of the pizza).
My half of the pizza (and what was under the cheese for D) was layered with tons of deliciousness!
- Thin crust easy roll out dough (unfort. not whole wheat – time is money!)
- 1/2 grilled chopped onion
- small can of chopped pineapples
- 6 pieces of LightLife Smart Bacon (my favorite)
- 1 head of broccoli blanched for 5-minutes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- sliced olives omitted at D’s request
I honestly found this combo delicious! The “bacon” was the perfect balance to the pineapple and onion combo, and I only wish I had added the olives, next time. The broccoli was slightly out of place but I had to get some green veggies in there somehow. What would really take this over the top? A spicier cajun style tomato sauce, but I will save that inventing for a rainy day.
Every day I learn eating vegan is really not as difficult or daunting as it appeared for so long.