Think About it Thursday: Voter Suppression
I know not all of us are into politics, but this is an election year and it is our responsibility to pay a little bit of attention to what is happening if we are going to exercise our vote. Sadly, many people will blindly vote Republican or Democratic regardless of key issues, however our generation is lucky enough to be socially connected and thus have more exposure to key issues.
Have you watched the news lately? Because if you missed the latest story regarding voter suppression (which has been only mildly covered by mainstream media in the past weeks) may I suggest you play a little catch up? I’m not going to re-write well written articles with my poor interpretation and summarizing skills, but I find this issue incredibly thought-provoking in terms of our constitutional rights and this particular election.
So I will say no more, except that today’s ruling was a little stunning. But you be the judge.
- GOP Voter ID Campaign Based on Bunk at Huffington Post
- Pennsylvania Voter ID Case Coud Upend GOP War On Voters in Swing State at Alternet
- Voter ID Ruling a Slap in the Face to Democracy at Huffington Post
- Pennsylvania Judge Upholds Voter ID Law at NYTimes
- Missed Chance to Reject Voting Barriers at NYTimes Editorial